The Seorse Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Idea Pitch

3 posters

Go down

Idea Pitch Empty Idea Pitch

Post by Zwei Yuga Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:29 pm

Basically, I wanted to pitch an idea for a free RP before actually putting one up that would just take up space if nobody liked it. Since the free roleplays that exist on the site already are currently all in either a sci-fi setting, I thought I would hop on the bandwagon with that, but at the same time create a definitive adventure as opposed to a space-combat centric or medieval. While both are great genras, and some of my favorites, from what I can tell, an clear-cut adventure roleplay doesn't exist on the site yet.

That said, allow me to pitch "Road to Elysium"

Elysium is a roaming planet that has never been mapped on a star chart or even recognised as a planet because of the fact that nobody has ever been able to do so before the planet moves to it's next location in the galaxy. Populated by creatures and plant life thought to be extinct, the main surface of the planet is covered with virtually every habitable environment there is in order to sustain various types of life. Numerous caves lead into the planet's volcanic core, where the two most inhospitable environments exist. An insulating tundra environment midway between the crust of the planet and it's core, and a massive core populated only by creatures that can withstand the sheer heat. The undiscovered planet exists through tales, legends, and the occasional artefact recovered from the planet. Said artefacts are literally priceless anywhere in the galaxy, which is half the reason that the planet is an explorer's holy grail.

Your role in the roleplay is that you're part of the team going down to the planet in order to either survey the wildlife, attempt to install a tracking beacon in the core of the planet, and try to recover priceless artefacts before leaving the world of Elysium before it can move again - with you on it!

I don't have any rules against using pre-existing characters, just so long as they aren't trying too hard to be amazing at whatever it is they do in order to make the rest of the ground crew feel inadequate.

Leave a comment below about the idea, and we'll see if it turns into something!
-Zwei
Zwei Yuga
Zwei Yuga

Back to top Go down

Idea Pitch Empty Re: Idea Pitch

Post by Teal Deer Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:16 pm

I like it.

Ironically enough, though, the scientific principle at work is a proposed theory as part of the creation of our solar system. Apparently, the math says we are missing one Neptune-sized gas giant that was thrown out by Jupiter's gravity well destabilizing Saturn's gravity well, which domino'd out to wherever this disapering planet was, resulting in it getting thrown out by this domino effect fling- the same one used to slingshot deep-space satellites out to the far reaches of known space.

My contribution is that the planet could have whatever climate it wants, but the atmosphere has to be ridiculously thick with ionized gasses. A strong magnetic field could...

Bah. Off-topic.

Anyway, climate is all well and good, but there's going to be a severe lack of light outside actively burning substances or volcanic areas, which would...

GAH! Too much science to play in. I call dibs on atmospheric-environmental techie-person. I promise to incase my paragraphs of technical gibberish not relavent in these blinders.
SCIENCE!

Like so. I'll use dialouge for important stuff.

"There's no way we can reasonably expect a habatle environment down there" Me, when we find this godforsaken rock.
Teal Deer
Teal Deer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zwei Yuga Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:10 pm

Glad to hear you like it! So far, i'm just creating the necessary lore for the thing before we dive into the RP, so we can fill in questions such as "WHERE THE HELL IS ANYTHING EVER?" and "WHY DOES IT MOOOOOOVE?". So it might be a few more days/a week.
Zwei Yuga
Zwei Yuga

Back to top Go down

Post by Teal Deer Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:23 pm

Fine by me. Expect Fuzzy to be asking the astrophysics questions while I look at all the assorted life forms and go ARG when things make sense to Yossarian (which is a fancy way of saying they are examples of antilogic)
Teal Deer
Teal Deer

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord James Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:11 pm

Dawn, do me a favor, and stop telling people what to expect from me. Its not your place to do so.

Despite what dawnstar has said I do not have questions in that regard as I already know about the planet. As for the idea, I have no issues with this but I am going to pull out a spare character for it. I think now might be a good time to introduce a character from that new race I mentioned to you Zwei?

I am thinking female as they have a calmer personality, not sure about name, but I am sure I can rummage something up. That sort of thing. I will have to get to work on a character sheet for her too, come to think of it. Hum, I can get that up in oh say a few hours?

Yea that aught to do. Okay, I'm in.
Lord James
Lord James
Elven Lord
Elven Lord

https://theseorseclan.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Zwei Yuga Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:24 pm

Additional Info: The planet's surface consists of a massive supercontinent seperated into sub-continents by rivers, which also serve as the dividing points between the biomes located on the planet. Surrounding the continent is Grandia, a massive body of water that houses a multitude of odd creatures. More to come!
Zwei Yuga
Zwei Yuga

Back to top Go down

Post by Zwei Yuga Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:51 pm

Even more information: The Kaiju are a tribal race found on the plains biome, lovingly named Etheros. Kaiju are humanoids with generally lighter skin, and stand roughly at 6 feet tall. Dominant hair colors for them are white and blonde, very rarely does a Kaiju ever have darker hair. The Forearm isnt covered by skin, rather by a bone-like shell covered in small, sharp spikes that appear to be able to retract and extend. A noteworthy feature of the Kaiju is that they are ancient people that have the ability to conjure lightning from their bodies and project it outward in a bolt.
Zwei Yuga
Zwei Yuga

Back to top Go down

Post by Teal Deer Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:46 pm

Beautiful... looks like I get to play confused scientist for a long while. When do you think you can post this thing?
Teal Deer
Teal Deer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zwei Yuga Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:19 pm

Not too long from now.
Zwei Yuga
Zwei Yuga

Back to top Go down

Post by Teal Deer Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:38 pm

As in sometime this week?
Teal Deer
Teal Deer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zwei Yuga Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:37 pm

Possibly. I have regions to name, and creatures to populate them with. This takes time if you want it to be decent.
Zwei Yuga
Zwei Yuga

Back to top Go down

Post by Teal Deer Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:46 pm

Plotting everything out in advance kinda paralyzes you if you want to change things up in the middle. Having background information handy never hurts though.
Teal Deer
Teal Deer

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord James Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:22 am

Let me know when your posting this Smile
Lord James
Lord James
Elven Lord
Elven Lord

Back to top Go down

Post by Zwei Yuga Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:34 am

I plan to have this go up on either Sunday or Monday of this week.
Zwei Yuga
Zwei Yuga

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord James Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:42 am

Sounds good. Just about done with that character too.
Lord James
Lord James
Elven Lord
Elven Lord

Back to top Go down

Post by Zwei Yuga Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:51 pm

New Information: Acheron, the Desert Islands. Acheron is a place of the dead and dying, it's denizens being mainly scavengers and exiled members of other races. Full of ancient ruins and scarce of food and water, but one race has managed to survive a very long time in the sands. The Fallen clan has made their home on the barren wastes, and have dominion over the exiled that wander, should they so choose to seek refuge with them. Fallens are renowned bringers of misfortune, but many have good intentions. In addition to this, the Fallens guard five elysian artefacts, which are awarded only to the few who best their guardians in combat.
Zwei Yuga
Zwei Yuga

Back to top Go down

Post by Zwei Yuga Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:04 pm

Gol, the Ravenous Marsh. Gol is a place where the dead are sent to rest within the planet of Elysium, taken by the Gravemaster of each province. One must travel with caution through Gol, due to the Myst. Myst is a strange, glowing silver mist that litters the grounds of Gol, and has a tendency to lure unsuspecting travelers into a dangerous trap. When the Myst lures its prey, it takes it to a section of the swamp inhabited by the Vilemaw. Vilemaw are the beasts that eat the dead of Elysium, and will often devour the living as well. These beasts are not without reason, however, and can be communicated with if they fear you. If not, it’s advised you run. Fast.
Zwei Yuga
Zwei Yuga

Back to top Go down

Post by Zwei Yuga Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:21 pm

Auroros, the glacial caverns. Auroros is the least inhabited area of Elysium, partly due to sheer cold, partly due to the fact that Auroros is the barrier-land between Corona and the rest of Elysium, making for a sort of no-mans-land. The province remains to be a mystery.
Zwei Yuga
Zwei Yuga

Back to top Go down

Post by Zwei Yuga Sun Aug 03, 2014 5:13 pm

Ladies and gentlemen, have characters ready by the fifth. On 8/5/14, Road to Elysium is going up on the site.
Zwei Yuga
Zwei Yuga

Back to top Go down

Post by Zwei Yuga Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:57 pm

-Please post a description of the character you'll be using here before Road goes up, just to avoid having to do the introductory paragraph when we start.-

Name: Devok, the Primal Champion.

As a creation of the Noxians, Devok has been controlled all his life by his overbearing, more advanced masters. Despite being a Primal, Devok has developed far past normal parameters, seeking his own life. This life came in the form of a mission. Track down the moving planet, retrieve as many artifacts as possible, and give them to BioCorp on Noxas. He would use these artifacts to buy his freedom.

Primals stand at 7 feet tall, with large muscular builds. They have three bone arm blades on each forearm to trap and crush bones, as well as re-enforced tail spikes. The arms stretch all the way down to just before the kneecap. Devok exhibits a set of ocean blue eyes. His clothes consist of black pants and a tribal print cloak that covers his body, and the print of the triple red crescent on his back identifies his clan. The cloak itself is black, and has a hood. Over the cloak is a set of heavy metal armor which comes complete with a chest piece, shoulder pads, forearm guards, knee guards, and an even heavier one handed axe that's always attached to Devok's hip. He's a silent type, a bruiser in combat, and an excellent tracker. His lack of formal education and brain power hinders his ability to read his enemy, preferring to secure a kill as quickly as possible. He has a hard time getting along with those that hold themselves high and mighty over him.
Zwei Yuga
Zwei Yuga

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord James Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:59 am

Name: Mikaela Macary
Hair Color - light, bright read
Hair style - Long and wavy
Height - 5'4"

Description: For the most part looks human but has a set of cat ears about two inches above where normal ears are at and normally these are hidden beneath her hair.

Like most of her kind, she loves to explore but is not a fighter, well not a trained one and has no interest in it. She has a keen interest in flowers and plants, but lacks any deep knowledge on the subject. Loves to explore and is more willing to walk into the unknown compared to most.

Mostly she loves and adores attention but prefers to stay away from large crowds. Last of all, she is well rained in wilderness survival. Volunteered to accompany a team in search for a moving planet all for the sake of exploring an unknown world.
Lord James
Lord James
Elven Lord
Elven Lord

Back to top Go down

Post by Teal Deer Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:45 pm

Good Idea.

Name- Orchre Ramierez Melice Corazon de Calamas y Veindes

Gender- MALE (for all you who can't tell a tree for the forest)

Appearance- Longish blond hair in two braids, short beard, pale complexion. Height at 6'4 in 1 G gravity, 6'5 in 0-G. Not overmuscled, but comfertably defined.

Ancestry- Descended from Sphynxian and Gryphon modified humans for operating in increased gravitates above 1 G, which directly translates to massively increased muscle density ( 1.25g/cm3 vs. 1.07g/cm3) skeletal strength, (300 mPa vs. 170mPa compression strength, 80 mPa vs. 51.6 shear strength, 100 mPa vs. 120 mPa [SHORT VERSION- these bones don't break, and don't mind pressure.]), metabolic rate (3000 cal/day vs. 2000 cal/day), and other body differences.

Background- Hails from a relatively unknown planet and has a doctorate in xenobioligy and a bachelors in geology. Has eclectic taste in music and is generally friendly, if cautious.
Has considerable firearm experience due to upbringing on said unknown planet. Is known to wrestle hexapumas.
Teal Deer
Teal Deer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum