The Seorse Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Universes and Urealities 1- Nature Shock

2 posters

Go down

Universes and Urealities 1- Nature Shock Empty Universes and Urealities 1- Nature Shock

Post by Teal Deer Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:18 pm

((Alright, so in typical me-esque fashion, I've cooked up a series of unpredictable events to happen to this wonderful ball orbiting a star. The premis of this U&U RP is that tomorrow, electricity stops working. KAPUT! The force still exists [or we'd al be dead because biology], only now there is no way to manipulate it. No generating it, moving it, or using it. You may all hate me now. And as a side note to Fuzzy, no re-inventing the wheel.))

Waking up in the morning, I scratched my head softly as I rose. Something was off, and I couldn't find it. Still scratching my head, I went to the bathroom to clean up and get dressed. It wasn't until I tried to light my stove with the electric starter did I think twice about it- my electrics were on the fritz. Going over to my home phone, I picked it up. Oddly enough, there wasn't even the soft buzz of when I hadn't dialed a number. It was when I noticed my iPod wasn't working that I got worried- somehow, even off it's charger, the battery had been totally drained. Nervously brushing my hair, I plugged it in to the charger. Nothing happened- not even a light turned on. Going back to the kitchen to drink my coffee and eat breakfast, I filled up a thermos and went out to the shed where I kept my snowmobile. It was a winter necessity, in the small borough I lived in with a few other people. The whole place was just off a highway, and most of what we did revolved around it- I myself was a short-tow trucker. Groaning as the temperamental device made not even an overture of engine-rumbling to start, I strapped on my snowshoes to go visit a few of my near neighbors. If this was widespread... then there could be some trouble, as people realized that three-quarters of their houses needed electricity to work. Grabbing my staff, I gulped- more than a few of my neighbors had electric heaters. I was one of the few still with gas. Moving surprisingly swiftly, I started making tracks for the nearest house.
Teal Deer
Teal Deer

Back to top Go down

Universes and Urealities 1- Nature Shock Empty Re: Universes and Urealities 1- Nature Shock

Post by Lord James Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:47 pm

the first thing I noticed when I woke up, was a biter icy cold chill in the air. I liked my room cold but this was too cold. Normally I turn the fan on to keep the temperature around 60ish. However, the fan was off, and the room felt like it was below 30. I looked over at the windows. They were closed. Nice and shut the way i left them. So then why was it so dam cold?!

It was thankfully still a little warm under the many blankets I slept-ed with. Moving quickly I opened the closet, wrapped in a fur blanket, and pulled out some heavy warm cloths and proceeded to quickly get dressed. Once this was done I looked at the fan switch. It was still on but the fan was not working.

thinking it was jammed or something I tried the lights. Nothing. It was still dark out and it was bad enough I could hardly see. So, sense the light was not working, I pulled out a thing of matches and a candle lamp and lit it. Then I moved my way through the house and looked for a clock. None were on. I growled. "Who is the bloody idout that knocked out the power now!" I shouted into thin air. I moved my way to the basement of the house. If anything i had two backup plans. The emergency generator and the gas heater. I never used the gas one if i could help it because the cost was more than I liked.

I growled as the emergency generator didn't kick into gear. This was going to be a pain! First order of business was to get the gas heater running. I took my time with it and within a good hour the house was starting to feel slightly warmer, but not much mind you. Going back upstairs, I headed to the kitchen and opened the fridge. The house was thankfully cold enough to keep anything from spoiling, however anything that should not be frozen...was frozen. I picked up the gallon of milk and almost dropped it on my foot. "Dam!" I cursed and put it back.

I decided that my usual breakfast was no longer an option and turned to a danish, that thankfully had not stayed frozen long after I turned the heat up. By the time the house was even warm, the sun was rising and I header a knock at my door. I took off the heavy layers and tossed them onto the couch and walked to the door, opening it and inviting the man inside. I then closed the door and turned to him.

"I take it that your power is out too?" I asked, sitting on the couch and inviting him to join me after he at least would take the coat off.
Lord James
Lord James
Elven Lord
Elven Lord

https://theseorseclan.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Universes and Urealities 1- Nature Shock Empty Re: Universes and Urealities 1- Nature Shock

Post by Teal Deer Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:48 pm

Looking at James, I pulled my heavy winter greatcoat off, revealing the down vest and wool jumper underneath. Folding it up over achair, I sat down next to him and pulled out the thermos. Offering to him and watching his denail after a sniff, I shrugged and took a drink. Watching the temperature slowly rise, I ditched the vest and jumper, leaving me in a waffle shirt and a tee. Looking over at my friend, I rubbed my chin and spoke.

"I'm worried this isn't just another power outage, James. My snowmobile, iPod, heck, even my calculator were all dead as doornails. All of those were batery-operated. Something smells fishy about this, and I wanted to ask you if you wanted to come over to my house for a while, at least until the power comes back up. My house has more winterization, the old Franklin stove in my basement, and a well sunk two hundred feet below the water table. The house always was too big for just me alone, anyway."

Looking over at James, I thought a little.

"I've got lots of open rooms, seeing as the place used to be a bed-and-breakfast before the town died off. You're not the only person I wanted to ask, and... well, you know I've always been catious after my truck broke down on the interstate that one year. There's pleanty of food, and we're past the solstace, anyway."
Teal Deer
Teal Deer

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord James Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 pm

"Letter possibly." I thought this over. "If this be the case, hell will break loose in any majorly populated location. Without power. maintaining crime will not be possible. What worries me is that not far from here is a prison and close to that a sizeable town. Don't waist time waiting on me. Get who you can. There will be trouble in the first few months if this is not fixed and quickly."

One could say I worried a lot but I hated trouble in a small town because when it happened, it took forever to clean up. "I am going to gather a few things and be there within a few hours."
Lord James
Lord James
Elven Lord
Elven Lord

https://theseorseclan.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum